Discourse Forum Registration Problem

Hello Team Discourse,

I am using Discourse Forum in my website forum.helicalinsight.com, all these days it was working fine
from last, 1 month am facing the below problems.

1. Existing Users are not able to receive any updated emails and they are not able to set their new password
  2. When a new user is trying to register with the new email ID forum is giving the below error

1. When we are answering the question on the forum and uploading the images for the answer that time for uploading the image is take more time and the image is getting uploaded. But after 2 or 3 days that images are missing, we are not able to see the images

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thank You
Shailaja Ramchander

1 Like

Your forum is on version 1.9.0.beta13 which is over two years old.
You should really update it and that will probably solve your issues as well.

I see there is no SSL on it either. You might consider moving to (our :wink: ) managed hosting so you don’t need to worry about these kind of issues anymore. If you want to discuss moving it then just send me a PM.

5 Likes

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your quick reply, Could you please help me the steps in updating my forum to the latest version.

Also if we plan to move to your hosting will your team assist in migration activity since we are already having some issues?

1 Like

Try going here and follow the instructions: https://forum.helicalinsight.com/admin/upgrade

1 Like

@canapin ,

Thank you for the reply, after going to the link “forum.helicalinsight.com” am not getting any steps or any guide for upgrading to the newer version .

Thank You

1 Like

Is it stuck on “Checking for a new version” ? Did you wait some time?

Maybe check this:

1 Like

Yes, we can work something out for that, no problem.

2 Likes

If you’d like to keep your self-hosted site, and have automatic rebuilds when a new docker container requires it, I’ll provide that service and fix upgrade your site: Automatic Rebuilds when They Are Needed — Literate Computing, LLC

Note that it sounds like in addition to having an out of date site you also have a problem with your mail delivery service.

3 Likes