Discourse keeps granting badges even though badges have been disabled

(probus) #1

I just updated from pre v1 on production and I have (and I’ve had) badges disabled but the system keeps granting the default badges to users. How can I stop it?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Something for you to check, @sam?

(cpradio) #3

One thing that may help is if you identify which badges are being granted? All of them? The TL badges?

(probus) #4

Well, I only know what I’ve got notifications from which were guidelines and first link since this has been live for only a few minutes. I definitely haven’t gotten every notification I think I should if I’d enable the badges system.

But looking at the badges page (why can I even open it when badges have been disabled?) just about every badge and user seems to be effected. Is there a log about the badges somewhere that I could check? I can’t even remove the badges since they can’t be edited when badges are disabled.

(probus) #5

Any help diagnosing this? Users keep getting notifications even though we don’t want the badges and there is nothing I can do?

(cpradio) #6

Maybe enable it, go into the Badges Admin area, uncheck the Enable Badge checkbox, and then globally disable badges again?

(probus) #7

You mean enabling the badges temporarily to disable all the individual badges? I’ll try that.

(cpradio) #8

Yes, that is what I mean. I’m just guessing at this point, because I haven’t had time to reproduce your exact issue and I don’t know when I’ll find the time (just got slammed with work today :frowning: )

(probus) #9

Okay, just did that. Thanks for the help.

At least the badges page is now empty, so I guess there are no badges to grant any more. I can’t be sure but I’ll update if more reports of notifications for badges come up. I guess there is no way to remove those notifications? Clicking them leads to an empty page with no error displayed.

(Kane York) #10

This is fixed:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/pull/2740

(Kane York) #11