Discourse: ./launcher bootstrap app FAILED TO BOOTSTRAP

(pprp) #1

Hi, I’m trying to install Discourse for first time in Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS, once I run “/launcher bootstrap app”, then I receive below massage at the end. Could you please help me to solve in this regards. Thank you!

FAILED

Pups::ExecError: cd /var/www/discourse && su discourse -c ‘bundle exec rake db:migrate’ failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 13834 exit 1>
Location of failure: /pups/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:108:in `spawn’
exec failed with the params {“cd”=>"$home", “hook”=>“bundle_exec”, “cmd”=>[“su discourse -c ‘bundle install --deployment --verbose --without test --without development --retry 3 --jobs 4’”, “su discourse -c ‘bundle exec rake db:migrate’”, “su discourse -c ‘bundle exec rake assets:precompile’”]}
0bc3d1f2c2768921xxxxc5f6f725dexxxx85d82f717a0ab3ee6dxxxxxxxxxx5f
** FAILED TO BOOTSTRAP ** please scroll up and look for earlier error messages, there may be more than one

(David Taylor) #2

^^ please follow these instructions. The actual error message will be further up than what you’ve pasted here.

(pprp) #3

Hi David_Taylor,

Thank you for the response.

I have already gone though earlier error messages (by scroll up), and found that, the Database connection was refused, and it is corrected now, but later I got the below error:

== 20120921162512 AddMetaDataToForumThreads: migrating ========================
– execute(“CREATE EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS hstore”)

And I fixed it with creating EXTENSION like below:

postgres=# CREATE EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS hstore;
CREATE EXTENSION
postgres=# \q

Later, I have run the ./launcher bootstrap app and I got below errors mentioned below:

I, [2018-03-05T07:28:16.518820 #14] INFO – : > cd /var/www/discourse && su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake db:migrate’
rake aborted!
PG::UndefinedColumn: ERROR: column “target_topic_id” of relation “user_actions” does not exist

And at the end:

Pups::ExecError: cd /var/www/discourse && su discourse -c ‘bundle exec rake db:migrate’ failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 13833 exit 1>
Location of failure: /pups/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:108:in `spawn’
exec failed with the params {“cd”=>"$home", “hook”=>“bundle_exec”, “cmd”=>[“su discourse -c ‘bundle install --deployment --verbose --without test --without development --retry 3 --jobs 4’”, “su discourse -c ‘bundle exec rake db:migrate’”, “su discourse -c ‘bundle exec rake assets:precompile’”]}
e42c3343de1c6ceee907c812f496e5bacb23b88g4d93ff1db46e66cab1ecd409b76

Could you please let know me know, if you have any further suggestions/solutions for this ?

Thanks very much.

(pprp) #4

Finally, I solved the issue by my self. Earlier I was using “app.yml” that was created with manual content/instructions, but later I removed the this app.yml, and started freshly with “./discourse-setup”, and entered only required details, next executed “./launcher bootstrap app”, then it worked.

(Jeff Atwood) #5