Discourse Localhost User cant register (elasticemail)

(Tumi) #1

Hi

I just install discourse on my localhost . All works good but i cant create a new account for user. Activation links dont come to my email box. What is the problem ? How to diagnoze it ?

Why email for admin account was send but when i create a new user it doesnt?

(Daniela) #2

Check this guide:

(Tumi) #3

Man, thanks for repply but all setting is ok. As i told i was create admin account but new user cant do it…mail dont come (dont work for gmail, yahoo, etc…)

(Jay Pfaffman) #4

If the mail was working, you wouldn’t be asking your question. You should follow all of the steps in the above guide. If you do that and it’s still not working, let us know.

(Tumi) #5

Yes i got problem still. First of all i must told that im using my localhost. So i cant set up DKIM and SPF - right ? My domian is just localhost …

(Jay Pfaffman) #6

Right. You can’t really run Discourse on localhost. You can create an account like this

./launcher enter app
rake admin:create

(Tumi) #7

Man! I was create admin account !! Email for admin registration was send ! BUT for NEW registration it doesnt work ,

(Jay Pfaffman) #8

That’s right. If you don’t have a domain name, you don’t have email or discourse.

@pfaffman
I think you are wrong there.

My staging server do not have a domain name. It just has an ip address. And for transactional emails I’m using the free plan from mailgun. So, without a domain name - one can use discourse. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

(Jay Pfaffman) #10

Mailgun is sending email with no domain name? You have to have a domain name for that.

You might be able to do some things without a domain name, but it’s unsupported.

My mailgun account “was” once linked to a domain name. But I’m no more using it. I moved to mailchimp/mandrilla. And now whenever I build a new staging server to test things for discourse - I just use that same mailgun account.

(Tumi) #12

Why u change for expensive mandrilla ? Are they better than elasticemail for example ?