Discourse Push Notifications for Desktop

We already have that change done and pending in this branch Comparing master...offline · discourse/discourse · GitHub which will be tested in the following weeks now that we released a stable release and can experiment with riskier stuff

Context about that set of changes is here:

4 Likes

No. no luck here.

I still receive push notifs on FF browser only when the forum (whether Meta or my own forum) is open in at least 1 tab.

Woohoo! Thanks so much @Falco, will close my PR in light of these developments.

3 Likes

I would love to deploy Meta with this changes next week, so keep an eye on it. Also, since you know your way around, I would love another pair of eyes on the changes in that branch.

3 Likes

Please, you give me too much credit, I was just determined to get push working :slight_smile:

I really don’t have that much experience with service workers but a quick look and it seems fine.

I tried to signup to be able to test push notifications but seems I’m unable to as I never get the email. Not a big worry though as I don’t see that you did any changes to push code specifically in your branch.

2 Likes

Hi @robbiet480 was your problem ever solved ? I am also experiencing that the desktop notification toggle not persisting between refreshes, hence, no notifications