Discourse Webhooks and Zapier

(Jay Pfaffman) #21

Hey, @fantasticfears. I’ve a client who wants to email new users, so this seems to fit the bill.

Does this plugin still work? I see that the user created webhook is added, but it doesnt’ seem to be getting triggered.

I invited a couple users on a closed site and it didn’t get triggered when they logged in with an invite URL nor when they clicked the activation link in email or the activate account button.

(Erick Guan) #22

The plugin isn’t updated for a long time but it should. I didn’t verify that. Perhaps you can find clues in /logs. It should be triggered when they clicked the invite link.

(Pad Pors) #23

the plugin (user created webhook) doesn’t work currently. there is no trigger for new registered users and nothing in the /log.

Webhook for new users

Man, this is a real disappointment. I thought I’d found the solution to my email problems. Anybody able to figure out what’s going on with the plugin and get it fixed?

Ok. That’s a really simple plugin. Unfortunately I don’t know Ruby or how Discourse works under the hood, so I can’t fix it, but I imagine that somebody who does could find the issue and fix it in less than 15 minutes, assuming Discourse didn’t make some major changes.

(Erick Guan) #26

Do you check the user created type in the configuration panel?

(Pad Pors) #27

I guess you mean something like this:

yes, it has been checked.

(Erick Guan) #28

Please try the new build.

(Pad Pors) #29

thanks for the update, but it doesn’t seem to work correctly (at least for me).

when a new user is created nothing happens for the webhook, it only respond “ok” to pings.

(Erick Guan) #30

If so, I need to look into this. Are you willing to sponsor $100 for a migration?