Discourse + Wordpress or GhostCMS?

(Kyle Tryon) #1

Hello everyone,

I have installed Discourse as a forum and I do like it so far. I was comparing it against NodeBB. I am familiar with Node, so I was very interested in NodeBB, but it seems under-developed in comparison to Discourse.

My end result needs to be a blog and a community forum that is highly integrated. I want the comment engine from the blog to be from the forum and the forum to show blog posts. It looks like no matter what combination I was to choose, it would be possible.

I like the idea of using NodeBB / GhostCMS because I should be able to develop for them, but they both seem to be lacking in stability and maturity.

I think Discourse looks good and is much more mature as a product. I don’t love how the categorization is exactly, I wish that was a little more traditional but still good.

Discobot is also interesting, and you all seem to develop plugins like crazy for discourse.

How do you all feel about the blog choices? Speed, SEO, and integration are my key focal points. I want my website to act as a unified app.

(Jay Pfaffman) #2

Obviously, people here think that Discourse is better than NodeBB. :slight_smile:

If you want an out-of-the-box integration, WordPress is the way to go. The wp-discourse plugin is mature, and now that discourse.org has hired the developer, it’s improving at an impressive rate.

If you’re a more roll-you-own person, you can use Ghost and Embedding Discourse Comments via Javascript. For an example, see https://blog.codinghorror.com/.