Discourse's SSO randomly decided to append a 1

(Faeron Sayn) #1

I’m not sure what’s going on but sometimes the user’s name just get’s appended with a 1.

The external ID and the email is the same, so I don’t know why it’s being changed. On top of that, all the posts and everything are still linked to that user. I cannot change the user’s name either. Not too sure what’s going on. If anyone has insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

(Michael Downey) #2

Details:

Check external_id.

(Faeron Sayn) #3

read this already, and the external_ids are the same. There is only one entry for the user. Discourse SSO didn’t create another one, it just changed the username.

(Kane York) #4

Discourse looked at the user details, decided that it needed to create a new account, and then noticed that the username specified in the SSO details already existed. So the UserNameSuggester suggested adding a 1 on the end to create the account name, which is what happened.

(Faeron Sayn) #5

But the new account wasn’t created. Discourse figured out that the account already exists, but just updated the username of that account. Even though the details that were passed were the same.