Disk usage continues to increase when site is loading a blank page, what is happening?

(Ankhamax) #1

I am running mysite on digitalocean.com host. I have some concern towards the usage of the disk. I don’t have any users and I have only 3 topics in the mysite, however the usage of the disk continues to increase as day passes. It already reached 32% of the 29GB disk space. Is it normal?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Depends, if you are updating versions a lot you will need to run ./launcher cleanup periodically. We recommend about once every 6 months.

(Ankhamax) #3

@codinghorror Thank you. That makes sense.

I am not updating all the time, but I am trying to fix my site in the last 3 days as I ran

cd /var/discourse
git pull
./launcher rebuild app

to update my site to the latest version. Update appears to be completed without any errors. However my site is not running anymore, all I see is blank screen when I visit my site.

Can anyone help me to solve this issue?

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Did you want to buy a hosting contract? We can help a lot more when it is on our servers and easier to diagnose and troubleshoot. If so, sign up at https://discourse.org/buy

(Ankhamax) #5

I just ran the command, but the usage of the disk increased to 35%.

Usage of /: 35.1% of 29.40GB

How come?

(Jeff Atwood) #6

Dunno, would you like to buy a hosting contract? Then we could more easily help you.