I think this could be part of the problem I’m having here, but it definitely doesn’t account for all of the issues.
- Go to your “Unread” page
- Click the “Dismiss” button
- Tick the box to say “stop tracking these topics”
- Go to one of the topics that you just dismissed
- See that it has been muted
- The topic should be set to “normal” tracking mode
I can reproduce consistently on my forum, and here on meta.
Looking in dev tools, I see a PUT request to
/topics/bulk, but the only data in the request is:
filter: unread operation[type]: change_notification_level
I’m pretty sure there should be a
notification_level_id specified in that request. So my guess is that the server is interpreting the lack of
notification_level_id as a 0 (zero), which corresponds to muting the topics.