Disparity between posts read in ACP and User Directory

(AstonJ) #1

When I look at the number of posts read in the Admin Control Panel I am shown over 400 for myself, but when I look in the User Directory it shows just over 200.

I now the UD is updated via an hourly/daily cron, but it should have updated to over 400 a while ago.

Is there a way to re-calculate everything? Or check to make sure everything is in order?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

What time interval are you referring to?

(AstonJ) #3

I checked yesterday (so over 24 hours).

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Ok so your admin user page is all time, is it not? You are not comparing all time with all time? User directory does not default to all time.

(Jeff Atwood) #5

Hmm, OK, I see what you mean. Switching to all time and then checking a random user here on meta, I see a large difference between the all time user directory posts read, and that user’s admin posts read stat. @neil can you eyeball this?

Could it be the admin page including PM posts read and the user directory not including them?

(Mittineague) #7

I think part of it is the Admin “read” includes the member’s own posts in the count, while the User Directory page does not.

i.e. subtract the “created” from the “read” and if you are inclusive enough that’s what will show in the User Directory

(Stephanie) #8

I don’t think that’s what it is.

On Imgur Community, my /users all time read says 138.6k, but my profile->admin says 123547. My TL3 requirements Posts Read (all time) says 138849. I think the admin part might actually be last 100 days rather than all time? But that doesn’t explain the discrepancies others have stated here.
Much confuse.

(Mittineague) #9

Notice I said “part of” :wink:

I’ve never been able to pinpoint the cause of the discrepancy either.

My guess is that other “parts” are Deleted posts, maybe Moved posts, and maybe even Messages and / or Quoteds

IDK

(Jeff Atwood) #10

Looking at @panionios for example:

/admin shows Posts Read 209

/users all time shows …

(sorry my stats are so awesome)

Definitely something I want @neil to look at.

(Stephanie) #11

Oh, was I supposed to apologize for my statness? My bad. ;_;

(Jeff Atwood) #12

I’m sorry, I couldn’t hear you over the sound of

#MY ELEVEN THOUSAND LIKES

(Mittineague) #13

lol

You have me beat every criteria - but unless the read count metrics change I just may catch up to you there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Jeff Atwood) #14

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine!

(Stephanie) #15

Oh, OK.

Interestingly, last time I mathed this, we’d both liked about 13% of the total posts, you here and me on IC.

(AstonJ) #16

While we’re on the topic - anyone else think ‘visits’ is a bit odd too? I visit the site several times a day, yet it’s only showing I have visited 17 times.

(Sam Saffron) #17

Maybe visited days, but it would build another word tower there