Display of Top Monthly changes depending on how I get there

(John Griogair Bell) #1

When I click on the “Top” item in the Discourse menu on my install, I see This Month displayed without the initial column to star them (see the example in the attached image marked A). If I click to another view offered at the bottom of the list, such as This Year, I see the initial column (see the example in the attached image marked B). Further, if I then click back to the This Month view from the view offered at the bottom, I now see the initial column (see the example in the attached image marked C). Finally, on my iPad the Top Monthly view without the initial column becomes very cramped, appearing to not have the same padding or margin as the other views.

/top issues as compared to /top/<interval>
(Jeff Atwood) #2

Hmm, you are right, I can repro this. Worth a look @zogstrip.

(Jeff Atwood) #6

Defintely still an issue and worth a fix if easy tomorrow @eviltrout.

(Robin Ward) #7

It looks easy but it’s not unfortunately :frowning: There is some code that treats certain top paths differently than others. They should be consolidated. I tried a quick fix and it didn’t work. I recommend post v1.

(Robin Ward) #8

Took a bunch of refactoring but it’s merged in master now. I was able to remove a lot of code which is nice.

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/69cb5bc425b7967f8b0a180d7ab6fa1bba01bc1a

(Jeff Atwood) #9