Displaying sub-categories in boxes - only works for one user, me?

(Tobias Eigen) #1

Continuing the discussion from Displaying sub-categories in boxes:

the boxes are not displaying for anyone but me. I don’t understand it - everyone else just sees the regular category view with the latest topics.

I am stuck on this one - anyone have any ideas? on my site, to replicate:

• create category and give moderators access to it. settings are as in screenshot below.
  • create sub-categories within that category and give moderators access to it
  • go to the category and see pretty boxes with featured links above topic list - yay! :sunny:
  • create test account, give moderator privileges,
  • use test account to go to category and see topics but no pretty boxes - boo! :ghost:

(Tobias Eigen) #2

mystery of mysteries - this problem went away on its own a day later. Others are now able to see the pretty boxes now. I have no idea what was going on here but am glad it’s now working.

(Tobias Eigen) #3

ok, I take it back. This is not working again - even I am no longer seeing the pretty boxes. Is there something I am missing about how this works?

(Tobias Eigen) #4

I am now continuing this conversation with myself… apologies.

I tried various things, including safe mode, and nothing worked to bring back the pretty boxes. I finally did a backup and a full rebuild from the command line and now the boxes are back.

(Neil Lalonde) #5

I tried to repro with your steps, but it works. You’re doing it right, so I have no idea what’s wrong.

(Tobias Eigen) #6

Thanks for trying. I appreciate it.

For now it seems to be working again so all appears to be well. I will let you know if it happens again.