Displaying sub-categories in boxes

(cpradio) #44

Can you right click on the mention and choose Inspect element, and play with unchecking some of the styling to see which one is causing the issue?

(Alex Armstrong) #45

Huh. I thought I’d done this and couldn’t figure it out, but this time I think I got it.

It’s caused by these lines from category-list.scss, L90+:

&.no-logos {
  .category-box a {
    padding: 3em 1em;
  }
}

Based on the selectors, I guessed the issue didn’t appear at Neil’s example because he had a logo.

Here’s what it looks like over here, if I add a logo:

Interestingly, adding a single logo fixes all the boxes!

(Neil Lalonde) #46

Aha, I can reproduce it now. Very weird.

Fixed!

(Tobias Eigen) #47

I’m trying out displaying sub-categories in pretty boxes now for the first time on my site, to create a wiki. It’s a beautiful feature and I like it! However, a few issues I am confronting:

• the boxes are not displaying for anyone but me. I don’t understand it - everyone else just sees the regular category view with the latest topics.
  • is there any logic to which featured links are displayed and their order? and is it possible to change the number of featured links?

Thanks for any guidance. :seedling:

Displaying sub-categories in boxes - only works for one user, me?
(Paul Dorneanu) #48

Hello everyone. I have a new setup of Discourse and I am trying to locate these settings, but can not find them.
Are those available by an extra plugin?

@spooky As per the first post they are in the settings section when editing / creating a main category - what do you see in this area?

This is standard and not part of a plugin.

(Paul Dorneanu) #50

oh… ok, I was looking in settings, main setting, not under A specific category settings. Thanks :roll_eyes: