Disqus XML import it Discourse issue

I’m having trouble to import disqus comments to my fresh discourse installation.

$ RAILS_ENV=production ruby disqus.rb     
loading existing groups...                                                                             
loading existing users...                                                                              
loading existing categories...                                                                         
loading existing posts...                                                                              
loading existing topics...                                                                             

importing users...                                                                                     
Skipping user id  because email is blank                                                               
        1 / 1 (100.0%)                                                                                 
importing topics...                                                                                      
Creating How to launch your own space rocket (7 posts)   
/var/www/discourse/script/import_scripts/base.rb:385:in `find_existing_user': undefined method `downcase' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)                                                                    
        from disqus.rb:72:in `block in import_topics_and_posts'                                        
        from disqus.rb:61:in `each'
        from disqus.rb:61:in `import_topics_and_posts'
        from disqus.rb:29:in `execute'
        from /var/www/discourse/script/import_scripts/base.rb:46:in `perform'
        from disqus.rb:227:in `<main>'

I have tried few different disqus XML export files with the same result.It seem like we are undefined variables. Could this be a parsing issue with the disqus.rb?

Any hints are much appreciated.
thank you

(Jay Pfaffman) #2

It’s hard to tell without seeing your data and looking at the script.

Do you see the addresses in the file?