docker_manager discourse upgrade stuck at "Upgrading..."

(PJH) #1
  1. Went to /admin/upgrade
  2. Noted that discourse had new commits that could be applied.
  3. Clicked upgrade
  4. Upgrade stuck on log mentioning a few times (sorry - didn’t copy/paste) that vacuuming could only be done by root or db user
  5. Stuck on that last message for 1/2 hour.
  6. Clicked “Reset Upgrade”
  7. That was some time ago and the system is still stuck on “Currently Upgrading…” on the main upgrade page, and “Reset Upgrade” still available on the progress page.

I don’t have access to the ssh shell to do diagnostics/anything else.

I will note that I normally do 1-3 daily without a problem - the last time being around this time yesterday.

Anyone any suggestions, or am I basically stuck waiting for someone with ssh access to do something?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Hmm perhaps this is the root cause @sam? We’ve had several reports of “stuck” upgrades and maybe that periodic db vacuum you set up requires more elevation of rights?

(Sam Saffron) #3

There is a clear bug with the bootbox dependency missing in docker manager @eviltrout will fix tomorrow:

Except for that we probably need better historic logs here, so we can tell what went wrong on an upgrade. (a restart discourse button in docker manager would also be useful)

(Robin Ward) #4

I’ve upgraded the docker manager to user ember-cli and fixed the bootbox dependency issue.

(Jeff Atwood) #5

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.