Docker on Red Hat requires paid Docker EE version?

(adamprocter) #1

Running no problems rebuilds etc ok until today

Go to check for upgrade

Upgrades via the web UI are disabled until you run the latest image.
To do so log in to your server using SSH and run:
cd /var/discourse
git pull
./launcher rebuild app

Do this but then rebuild…

which: no docker.io in (/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin)
Your Docker installation is not using a supported storage driver.  
If we were to proceed you may have a broken install. 

Was ok before…

System: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.3 (Maipo)

I got this server specifically only for Discourse… Followed all the instructions to the letter at the start…so I next try Docker info just to see what container I am using (should be the recommended one)

Cannot connect to the Docker daemon. Is the docker daemon running on this host?

Reboot / restart docker - nothing!
What the heck is going on ? Am totally confused.

Happy to upgrade Server / Discourse / Use right container if it is wrong, so long as I can save my discourse set up

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #2

Looks like Docker CE ins’t supported at all on your distro. Only Docker EE paid version.

So either buy Docker EE and proceed with the install described here or switch to a distro that have Docker CE.

(adamprocter) #3

Huh ! But is has been working for the last 6+months ? Ok will investigate

(adamprocter) #4

So do I need to update / change my RHEL to work with CE ? I dont think I need EE

(Stefano Maffulli) #5

I had the same issue while running on Trusty and the root cause there was the lack of AUFS driver. Check that your host (the RHEL machine) has AUFS storage driver and that Docker is using it. I’m not familiar with RHEL but see if you can install Docker CE in some other ways like using the CentOS packages … although I suspect that may cause some other sort of headaches.

(Darren) #6

I had this problem with CentOS and had to manually install a newer version of docker. This guide will help How To Install and Use Docker on CentOS 7 | DigitalOcean

Now my thought is that you had installed the version of Docker supplied with the distribution and did not uninstall it before doing a manual install, then subsequent yum updates will overwrite your manually installed newer version.

(adamprocter) #7

So it says to run Docker EE you have to use storage mapper but discourse need aufs.
Sounds like I need a different Distro no matter what.

(adamprocter) #8

Can I convert devicemapper to AUFS ? I have now got docker details.

Containers: 2
Running: 1
Paused: 0
Stopped: 1
Server Version: 1.12.1
Storage Driver: devicemapper
Kernel Version: 3.10.0-514.26.2.el7.x86_64
Operating System: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7.3 (Maipo)
OSType: linux
Architecture: x86_64
CPUs: 2
Total Memory: 3.844 GiB