Documentation of the effects of flags and moderation

moderation

(eriko) #1

Does such a thing exist. It seems like over time that thing have changed and I wonder if there is some documentation of how flagging and moderation work. If it was based on the default setting that is fine. I understand describing all the effects of various settings would voluminous.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #2

Is this what you are looking for?

(eriko) #3

Partially. Your search foo is better than mine. We are interesting in the changes to ‘hiding’ a post. That they are only partially hidden was a bit of a surprise as it was not that way when we did some testing last year. So I am looking for documentation of things like that. I have updated the title and will look through the faq area.

Thanks

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #4

Well, no search foo, I simply navigated to the #faq category, as that is where most of the documentation is.

As to partially hidden posts, there was a discussion about that recently, let me see if I can find it…

(eriko) #5

I have read that. I guess what I am after is there have been some changes to flagging and moderation over the last six months and some details on those changes would be nice.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #6

Ah. Not going to be much help there. I only started moderating a Discourse 2 months ago…and I haven’t noticed any major changes.

Hopefully someone with a more lengthy Discourse history can help you.

(Jeff Atwood) #7

That must have been a loooong time ago, more than a year, we’ve had “click to reveal” for flagged-to-hidden posts on for a long long time … here’s a topic discussing it in Aug 2014, and today is January 2016.

There’s a topic linked from that one which references hidden posts in April 2014, so that makes it… at least 20 months old?

(eriko) #8

You right. A number of our assumptions were based on starting to use Discourse before docker was the official deployment system. As we enter our 3rd year (maybe 2.5years) or so in production we are finally getting some of the usage we hope and some of the behaviors no one likes. So we are having to look more closely at how flags and moderation works for the first time since the beginning.