Does anyone know if the Canned Reply Plugin can . .

(Blu McCormick) #1

Does anyone know if the Canned Reply Plugin has a setting to allow:

1. The Canned Reply to be used by all forum members

2. The Canned Reply to be used for specific categories

Also, is the canned reply, once selected, editable?

My thought is that I could use the Canned Reply Plugin to give my members templates to use for replies.

Thanks in advance,
Blu

No. Staff only.
No. Across all categories only.
Yes. Once you’ve dumped it into the composer you can edit it.

(Tobias Eigen) #3

best thing is for you to try it out for yourself. It is a staff feature, so can only be used by staff (moderators and admins). It is available to all topics and all messages for staff.

There are topic templates for starting topics, configurable via category settings, but I’m not sure if it’s possible to provide templates for replying to topics.

(Blu McCormick) #4

Thanks, @HAWK and @tobiaseigen. This plugin is so close to being adaptable for a reply template it is killing me. It’s a great idea by the way. All it would need is to have a setting allowing you to set who can access it (by trust level might make the most sense) and who can generate the templates (I’d only let admin generate them in my case).

I am not a programmer so I don’t have the knowledge to guess what that would take to code so forgive me in advance if my brainstorming is way off the mark. I also would need to work with discoursehosting to install this plugin onto my forum to try it out.

We’ve been discussing reply templates here.