I think there’s a huge misunderstanding. I’m not trying to create any channel here in meta. I am merely asking how do I join an existing channel? When I open the chat box and it tells me I’m not part of anything and there’s nothing to click on what do I do next?
“There are no public channels here on Meta so you won’t find any to join.”
This!
This clears up why I cannot join any channels. You guys don’t have any channels to join, but you do have a chat box that leads someone like me to question the reason for it.
I am understanding the chat feature better now since starting this discussion.
I’m in the position of having to bridge the gap between your platform and my members who are just as technically illiterate, if not more, than I am.
So I want to make sure I understand clearly how this thing works, that way people aren’t as confused.
All I really want are for people to click on a chat, find a room and start chatting with each other. That’s it. I started creating rooms on my forum for members to join. And now, since I have channels they can join, they won’t be as confused as I was when I started this topic here in meta.