Domain specific google apps login

(Lloyd Philbrook) #1

One of our discourse installs is for internal use only. In addition to setting the login_required, invite_only and disabling enable_local_logins. It would be great to only allow logins from a specific google apps domain.

(Sam Saffron) #2

This is probably going to be plugin material, you basically want to reject registrations from any users that do not have a certain email domain?

(Kevin P. Fleming) #3

I’d be interested in this as well; we plan to deploy Discourse with a custom authentication provider (in addition to the usual public social providers), and users with email addresses from a specific domain will be required to use that auth provider. I’m not opposed to modifying Discourse itself to do what we need, but if this can be accomplished through a plugin that would be excellent.

(Lloyd Philbrook) #4

@sam I assumed as much.

@kpfleming This is a low priority for us, so I’ll probably not get to this for a bit.

My assumption is that omniauth would already have functionality for this.

(Kevin P. Fleming) #5

That may well be true, which would be nice. I haven’t even opened the OmniAuth docs yet to find out :smile:

(Aaron Baker) #6

Has anyone made progress on this? Would love to use this for my company internally.

(Kane York) #7

You can do this already with this site setting:

(Sam Saffron) #8

Closing this, as its already implemented.

(Sam Saffron) #9