When downloading large backups via the admin interface the download is incomplete / invalid.
#Steps to Reproduce
- Go to admin of a site containing a large backup
- Select the backup button
- Select “Yes”
- Wait for backup to complete
- Check backup created a file in excess of 2GB
- Select the “Download” button next to the 2GB download
- Wait for download to complete
- Transfer backup file via SSH from the
/var/discourse/shared/standalone/backups/default/folder to local machine
- Wait for SSH transfer to complete
File downloaded via SSH to match the size of the file downloaded via the admin web interface.
File downloaded via SSH is 2.04 GB (2,191,337,195 bytes)
File downloaded via web interface is 1.01 GB (1,094,332,416 bytes) and incomplete.
Each attempt at downloading the same file via the web interface downloads a different size file.
Backups ~245MB download correctly (these are my DB only backups).
Here are my attempts at downloading some backups:
I also tried downloading with Fiddler proxy to see if I could spot anything - headers appear valid.