Flagging can also be used as a way for privately notifying staff for other matters/issues (e.g. moving posts to other topics etc.)
These actions refer to agreeing/disagreeing with the reason for flagging. This is for a basic reminder of what results from each.
Agree (with reason for flagging post)
- Option to hide post + send PM
- Option to just agree (user does not know that their post has been flagged)
- Counts against requirements for trust level 3
- Trust level increase for flaggers: No
- Counted as a Helpful Flag for the flagger
There is no effect on trust for the flagged user. Defer is like a “neutral” option - it can be used when the flag isn’t “good” or “bad” - it’s simply something to get the moderators’ attention, and that’s it. An example for defer might be a user flagging their own post to make a request (like wiki this please, move this here please, etc.)
- Post remains hidden if currently hidden
- No impact on trust for OP of flagged post
- Counted as a helpful flag for the flagger
Disagree (with reason for flagging post)
- Trust level impact for OP of flagged post: No
- Trust level impact for flagger(s): No
Option to ‘Defer + delete’ vs ‘Agree + delete’.
Same impact on trust as Agree/Defer on their own
Flag + Take Action
Continued from List of full moderation tools.
(Please feel very free to edit. This is still a start.)