Draft not going away when I completed it on another device

(Blake Erickson) #1

I started a topic on my computer, but finished it on my iPhone. Now that I’m back to using my computer the draft won’t go away. I can click on several other topics, but the draft won’t go away until I refresh the page. I feel like it should go away automatically.

I was able to duplicate this on try.discourse.org

(Dave McClure) #2

This I can reproduce :slight_smile:

(Sam Saffron) #3

This is tricky to fix, we would need to message the user to junk the draft, it can also lead to some unexpected behavior.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

You didn’t close the browser on your computer at any time during this process? I assume that is what you mean, so the post was completed on another live device while both editors are open?

(Dave McClure) #5

Yes, that’s correct, @codinghorror.

I don’t think this is a severe issue @sam.

(Blake Erickson) #6

I did not close the browser but I put my laptop to sleep… (Doing this again now) and finishing on my phone.

(Blake Erickson) #7

Now I’m back on my laptop. When the laptop woke up from sleep it still said 4/4 posts. So without refreshing I just went to the main meta page, which then showed this topic had been updated, and then I went back into this topic. The whole time with the previous reply window open on the bottom of my screen. I deleted all the text in the reply window to write this reply

(Dave McClure) #8

FWIW, I think Gmail has the same issue…

(Sam Saffron) #9

I don’t think there is a correct way to fix this

(Jeff Atwood) #10