Dutch translation

(LoveDiscourse) #1

Hi,

The dutch translation has a lot of issues, how do I edit the translation and share it with the team?

Kr,
LoveDiscourse

(Sander Datema) #2

I did the translation the last few months and help is always welcome. What are the issues?
You’re welcome to help, PM me your email address and I’ll add you to the translation project.

(LoveDiscourse) #3

I have never worked with github, I made a couple of changes to the NL client file and I have it on my personal github. I’m willing to share the changes with you and then you submit that as a pull request because I’m worried i’ll do something wrong…

A couple of common issues:
Post should be Onderwerp (IMHO)
Undo should be Ongedaan maken
Reset should be Opnieuw instellen

Edit: Ugh I thought I saved my changes but apperently they are just gone… I thought it saved it as a patch-1 locally but I didn’t submit it as a pull request and now it’s gone…

(Sander Datema) #4

I disagree. A post is a bericht. A topic could be an onderwerp, but that’s way too technical and onderwerp won’t fit for all forums. Besides, Dutch uses a lot of English loan words, like topic.

For undo and reset, it could be that I missed that one.

Again, send me your mail address and I’ll add you to the translation project. No need to know git.

(Michael - DiscourseHosting.com) #5

I would say onderwerp is better than topic, but reset is a pretty well known word and way shorter than Opnieuw Instellen

Both topic and reset are in http://woordenlijst.org/ so no reason to translate them further.

Undo is better translated as Herstellen instead of Ongedaan maken IMO.

(Dirk Onderneemt) #6

Hi guys,

I just started with Discourse (v1.2.0 current latest) and find a lot of not-translated parts in Discourse!

For instance:
[nl.composer.create_topic]
[nl.composer.min_length.need_more_for_reply]
[nl.poll.voteCount]
[nl.poll.results.hide]
[nl.poll.close_poll]

Well I can go on a bit…
How do I get these translated, or do it myself?

thanks!

(Gerhard Schlager) #7

You can go to https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/discourse-org/language/nl/ and join the team of translators.

(Mathijs Schmittmann) #8

I’ve joined the transifex translation team for Dutch yesterday and am getting close to translating all the ‘Untranslated’ strings. Any chance somebody could mark me as Reviewer so I can also process the ‘Unreviewed’ queue?

(Sander Datema) #9

Yep, I’ll have a look at them. Thanks for helping out! And wow, you did them all.

Note: I just made a post with how the Dutch translation is mostly done, please have a look at it:

(Mathijs Schmittmann) #10

Everything except for Server.en.yml is now ‘done’ including review and the points we mentioned in the glossary topic. Could you merge them in git? I will start with Server.en.yml tomorrow and let you know when it’s done.

(Sander Datema) #11

If I’m not mistaken, @neil will do this every now and then with all the reviewed strings.

(Neil Lalonde) #12

Yes, it’s typically @techAPJ or me who pulls in the translations from Transifex about once a week.