Edit topic title does not have max length set (at the top next to the topic category tags)

(Matches) #1

Continuing the discussion from asdff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff as ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffear ffffffffffffffweqweqw fffffffff addf ffffffffffffffffffffffffqweasdffffffffffffffffffffff ffff asdasssas:

Allowing for nonsense like asdff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff as ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffear ffffffffffffffweqweqw fffffffff addf ffffffffffffffffffffffffqweasdffffffffffffffffffffff ffff asdasssasasdff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff as ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffear ffffffffffffffweqweqw fffffffff addf ffffffffffffffffffffffffqweasdffffffffffffffffffffff ffff asdasssas

to be entered, but unable to be posted. Just restrict it like the original create topic.

(Robin Ward) #2

Weird, I tried to reproduce this but couldn’t. Every time I tried to edit in a longer title it failed.

However there was a bug where after an edit failed it was leaving the new title on screen until you refreshed. Is this what you were reporting? That Daily WTF topic title looks long, but maybe they relaxed the constraints in their site settings?

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/d9e5c2317fa84a1400e7603d9503d281ecde4b8b

(Matches) #3

You have to click the pencil icon in the top, rather than using the edit post feature. (It’s specific to editing the title of the post)

Edit topic title does not have max length set (at the top next to the topic category tadddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddgs)

[Edit]

TDWTF limit (according to that top box in the image above) is 255, same as what’s advertised here.

(Robin Ward) #4

But on refresh you don’t have all those d’s

(Matches) #5

The point is that maxlength isn’t set, but when you’re creating a topic, or when you’re editing a post it is. That’s the bug.

(cpradio) #6

Yeah, I can see it. It is definitely minor, but definitely there :smile:

(Robin Ward) #7

Oh you’re just talking about the text field! Not that it gets saved. I understand now.

(Robin Ward) #8

Here we go. I went one further and bound the max length to the value of the site setting.

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/0175ba000fd8822d39355909003009be1e1f15d1

(Robin Ward) #9