Email notification issue - the latest previous message is shown twice in "In Reply To" and "Previous Replies"

(Tobias Eigen) #1

See screenshot - I just received this in my email. The “In Reply To” and " first “Previous Replies” text are identical… I’ve noticed this before but never bothered to report it. It seems to me it should not show the same message twice.

In this example, the emoji code is showing in the first one as well which is a bit weird. Maybe that will help point to the problem?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Aren’t you already looking at another email emoji encoding issue @joffreyjaffeux? Maybe add this one to the list as well.

(Joffrey Jaffeux) #4

How urgent is this ?

(Jeff Atwood) #5

It’s not, but as I recall there was another email emoji encoding issue, so let’s fix them both at the same time and bundle the work together.

(Tobias Eigen) #6

I came across this again today. It occurs to me that if the person is actually replying to a different post in the thread rather than the very latest post, then the current functionality makes more sense and is less weird. So maybe it makes sense to keep it as it is. Nobody seems to be complaining about it in my community.