Email rejected per DMARC policy for discourse.do.co

I recently got discourse installed on a droplet. When I send mails through Sendgrid its received by them but doesn’t go through.

Error message on Zoho: 550 5.7.1 Email rejected per DMARC policy for discourse .do .co

Error message on gmail: Unauthenticated email from do .co is not accepted due to domain’s DMARC 5.7.1 policy. Please contact the administrator of do.co domain if this was 5.7.1 a legitimate mail. Please visit 5.7.1

​Im unable to find any material that tells me how to change the sender domain. Please help me out by pointing me in the right direction. Thanks!​

Okay you just had to change the sender Id. Silly me. If anyone gets this issue hope this helps.

3 Likes

Could you explain this more, what exactly did you do? Changed the sender ID of what and where?

Can anyone here aside from the OP help explain what I need to do to fix this? Still unsure

Check your admin settings. There is a sender email ID. You need to change that to an actual email ID.

OK I found it, but it wasn’t called ‘sender ID’, it was just called “notification email”, here is a screenshot of the location:

2 Likes

I can confirm that changing this to my domain name has now enabled emails to work - whew!

Oh yes. Right. Sorry about that.