Emails suddenly stopped being sent

My site has mysteriously stopped sending any kind of emails - login/registration/forgot password
It was sending when I checked last time 1.5 months ago.

I checked with DigitalOcean, where its hosted, they say - maybe some ports related to my email provider are not open in my firewall settings.

My question is - what could have changed recently which could affect the email delivery now, since emails have been working earlier since previous 6 months without any such issues.
I am not quite understanding either the (possible) issue or fix, since I made NO changes from my side on any configuration.

PS: The issue is same before & after the upgraded to latest update on Jan 23.

I don’t know if there have been changes to Discourse, but checking the logs for Discourse and your email provider are probably a good place to start to see what the errors are. That’ll also help people here help you, if you share what you find.

It is meant for new installs but Troubleshooting email on a new Discourse install is also a good place for you to start.

3 Likes

This is probably a problem with your Mail provider. I would check there first. @rorycb’s Advice to follow troubleshooting is good.

Given that no one else is having trouble delivering mail, it’s highly improbable that this is a bug.

4 Likes