Embedding discourse comments

(SketchUp Community Manager) #1

Hello - I am embedding discourse comments on one of our websites. I want it to tie into our existing forum: forums.sketchup.com but one thing is – I expect there to be a lot of comments everyday and I do not want that to “spam” or fill up the forum home feed with comments from the product page…

How do I manage this? Perhaps I create a category where those threads/comments from the product page will live and not be updated on the main page of the forum??

Any help would be appreciated.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

We are improving our embedding story to be more flexible. @eviltrout can follow up with you early next week to flesh out the details.

(Robin Ward) #3

Hi there,

We’ve found that using Discourse for comments generally lowers the amount of feedback you get from your site, because of the barrier to entry of having to come over to your forum to post.

If volume of comments is a problem, maybe we can do some custom tweaks to make sure it’s not so bad. I would suggest creating a category for what you are embedding and set the content to embed into that category. Then we can look at how to silence that category from certain topic lists if necessary.

(SketchUp Community Manager) #4

Thanks for that insight - we are weighing options now and will keep that in mind.

cheers!