Error "Failed to create description for Staff category!"

(Sander Datema) #1

Since a few commits it’s no longer possible to upgrade completely. Something’s wrong with the Staff category (I have it, but don’t use it).
My forum is set to disallow duplicate topic titles and that might have something to to with this (see log).

== Seed from /var/www/discourse/db/fixtures/502_staff_category.rb
[deprecated] I18n.enforce_available_locales will default to true in the future. If you really want to skip validation of your locale you can set I18n.enforce_available_locales = false to avoid this message.
#<ActiveModel::Errors:0x0000000299cff8 @base=#<Topic id: nil, title: "About the Staff category", last_posted_at: nil, created_at: nil, updated_at: nil, views: 0, posts_count: 0, user_id: -1, last_post_user_id: -1, reply_count: 0, featured_user1_id: nil, featured_user2_id: nil, featured_user3_id: nil, avg_time: nil, deleted_at: nil, highest_post_number: 0, image_url: nil, off_topic_count: 0, like_count: 0, incoming_link_count: 0, bookmark_count: 0, star_count: 0, category_id: 13, visible: true, moderator_posts_count: 0, closed: false, archived: false, bumped_at: nil, has_summary: false, meta_data: nil, vote_count: 0, archetype: "regular", featured_user4_id: nil, notify_moderators_count: 0, spam_count: 0, illegal_count: 0, inappropriate_count: 0, pinned_at: nil, score: nil, percent_rank: 1.0, notify_user_count: 0, subtype: nil, slug: "about-the-staff-category", auto_close_at: nil, auto_close_user_id: nil, auto_close_started_at: nil, deleted_by_id: nil, participant_count: 1, word_count: nil>, @messages={:title=>["has already been used"]}>
rake aborted!
Failed to create description for Staff category!

Edit: yes, after allowing duplicate topics this is no longer a problem. However, the migration script should account for this.

Error “Failed to create description for Staff category!”
(Jeff Atwood) #2

Interesting, @neil perhaps take a quick look tomorrow? That’s the new category description title, “about the staff category”.

(Neil Lalonde) #3

The default for allow_duplicate_topic_titles is false, and we haven’t seen this problem before. Did you manually create a topic called “About the Staff category”? Besides doing that, I don’t know how to reproduce your problem. I added a check to prevent creating the description topic more than once to be safe.

(Sander Datema) #4

I never did anything with that category. I believe it was automatically created (with that topic) quite a few days ago.

Besides, I have a Dutch forum, so I wouldn’t even have created that topic by accident.

(Jeff Atwood) #5

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

Error “Failed to create description for Staff category!”