Error rebuilding container

(Ivan) #1

Hi there,

We are using Digital Ocean and I downsized our Droplet by migrating from a larger Droplet(LD) to smaller Droplet (SD).

On our SD, Discourse seemed to be triggering huge bursts in CPU, so I decided to try a
rebuild. However, attempting to rebuild has caused this error:

I tried to sudo apt-get install mini_racer -v '0.1.3', but that did not work.

Full error:
current directory:
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/mini_racer-0.1.3/ext/mini_racer_extension
/usr/local/bin/ruby -r ./siteconf20170116-448-10cno2g.rb extconf.rb
checking for main() in -lpthread… yes
creating Makefile

To see why this extension failed to compile, please check the mkmf.log which can
be found here:

/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/extensions/x86_64-linux/2.3.0-static/mini_racer-0.1.3/mkmf.log

current directory:
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/mini_racer-0.1.3/ext/mini_racer_extension
make "DESTDIR=" clean

current directory:
make "DESTDIR="
compiling mini_racer_extension.cc
mini_racer_extension.cc:4:24: fatal error: include/v8.h: No such file or
directory
compilation terminated.
Makefile:206: recipe for target 'mini_racer_extension.o' failed
make: *** [mini_racer_extension.o] Error 1

make failed, exit code 2

I am also unable to look at the logs because I cannot use sudo ./launcher enter app as Error response from daemon: Container app is not running.

Would anyone know what I should do to rectify this?

(Jay Pfaffman) #2

I don’t. What I would do is to build a new right-sized droplet from scratch and restore the old backup to the new droplet.

(Lutz Biermann) #3

Did you edit the LANG-Setting in containers/app.yml? I think there was a problem with newer Postgres versions.
If you did, you could try the following:
(only replace the bold settings with your locales, stay on en_US for the first setting)

LANG: en_US.UTF-8
DISCOURSE_DEFAULT_LOCALE: de
db_default_text_search_config: “pg_catalog.german

(Ivan) #4

Hi Lutz,

These are the settings that we currently have.

(Ivan) #5

Thanks for your input Jay.

I will try this too.

(Ivan) #6

Looks like this has been brought up already here, Mini_racer causing rebuild fail. Not sure how I didn’t find this earlier.