Error response from daemon: manifest for discourse not found

(Bartosz) #1

Hi, I am trying install Discourse for days (firstly I tried on virtual machine (VirtualBox)) and I am trying to successfully install it and run but cannot. I am getting now error probably from Docker:
Error response from daemon: manifest for discours not found.
I have no idea why, I have fresh machine after format, new system debian jessie, new installation of docker and discourse downloaded a few minutes ago. I googled this error but nothing found. I think this is something wrong with Docker but I am not sure that is why I am asking. “Easy” installation is not so easy even with Docker. My version of docker is:
Docker version 1.13.1, build 092cba3

(Matt Palmer) #2

Are you missing an e at the end of discours there? Looks like something got mangled in editing, perhaps?

(Bartosz) #3

U type by hand name of discourse, here is original error:

Unable to find image 'discourse/discourse:1.3.10' locally
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: manifest for discourse/discourse:1.3.10 not found.

(Matt Palmer) #4

That may be a problem with the official Docker repositories; I’ve seen reports of problems pulling from docker hub today due to problems with their hosting provider (AWS).

(Bartosz) #5

Strange, I reinstall docker right now and I can not even run hello-world container! o.O
I am wonder what I fucked up with my server.

Docker stucks on:
Unable to find image 'hello-world:latest' locally

Also before reinstall docker (so about 15 minutes ago) I also had problems with apt-get update - it was frozen on docker repositories. -_-

So without docker I am not possible to install it today? :///////////////

(Bartosz) #6

Yep, for sure is something fucked up with docker, even hello-word have same error:

# docker run hello-world
Unable to find image 'hello-world:latest' locally
docker: Error response from daemon: manifest for hello-world:latest not found.
See 'docker run --help'.

Sorry for creating off-top. I have to go on docker support.

(Matt Palmer) #7

Welcome to the Brave New World of the Cloud.

(Andrew Waugh) #8

Could be AWS: https://status.aws.amazon.com/

(Jay Pfaffman) #9

That appears to be the case. My standard install script fails like this:

/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: manifest for discourse/discourse:1.3.10 not found.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.
Your Docker installation is not working correctly

Here’s the cutest headline: