- Tried to upload an, admittedly silly, number of emoji (40x40px ones) at /admin/customize/emojis
- Got “Sorry, there has been an error while storing the emoji” error
- Couldn’t click away the dialog because the tab was busy.
- Killed tab,
- Went back to /admin/customize/emojis to notice a small number (~20) had actually uploaded
- Deleted those that had uploaded with a view to find out how many uploaded emoji is ‘too many’
- Tried to upload the first 20 again
- Got 'Sorry, the name ‘<icon-name>’ is already used by another emoji numerous times
- Hard-refresh. Note that while the emoji graphic is no longer there, the emoji name is.
- Delete the emoji again - it disappears from the UI
- Hard-refresh - it reappears
- Try to upload again - same error
- Try to upload a so-far ‘not present’ emoji, get "Sorry, there has been an error while storing the emoji.’
Full history on ours in Bugs under ‘Error with emoji uploading’ (/t/7893)