Facebook Onebox embed

(EW 👌) #23

I’d already installed the plugin before. I just did rebuild my Discourse and It’s working now :slight_smile: Many thanks @vinothkannans :tada:

(Thammarat Kreephanich) #24

How to edit for expand auto … don’t want user click by manual .

and why some text on my embed are Chinese ??

Thanks .

(Vinoth Kannan) #25

The plugin had that functionality in ‘0.1’ version. But facebook embeds are dynamic in height. So it had the below known issue with rendering on posts in 0.1. Only to fix the issue I did facebook embeds expandable. Also that’s the reason for facebook and twitter embeds are not available in Discourse core.

Known Issues
Facebook embedding will adjust post height dynamically when it loaded.

If you like to see 0.1 version of code you can find here

GitHub - vinkashq/discourse-facebook-onebox at v0.1

in plugin Facebook oEmbed calls are happening from server side. Either your server have or Facebook thinks chinese as your server’s default locale. Anyway I will try to look at the problem when I have time.

(DjCyry) #26

Same here , some words are in turkey ?

This link doesn’t work:

(Vinoth Kannan) #28

Good news! Now Discourse Onebox gem itself supporting Facebook oneboxes. But there is no differences between photo, video and page oneboxes. If it is possible I will make PR to Onebox repo.

Photo

Video

Page

(Bank Live) #29

I can place

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fseen.everything%2Fvideos%2F1221002978004237%2F&show_text=0&width=400" width="400" height="400" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

and work or not

(Vinoth Kannan) #30

It won’t work like that. You may refer this topic for iframes support.

(Inkdrop) #31

Is this plugin still supported? I’ve installed it, but doesn’t seem to be working?

When I post a facebook link it still shows a very ugly looking summary and not like your example.

(Vinoth Kannan) #32

Since official onebox gem itself supporting the Facebook embed now I am not going work on this plugin anymore. If I really want to do I will make PR to the original onebox repo.

(Inkdrop) #33

So they are the ones that choose to make the Onebox look the way it does now? Why would they do that? It looks terrible. Are there any hacks to get it to look how you originally created it?

(Vinoth Kannan) #34

Either you can change our onebox gem or fix this plugin by creating new PR.