I just did some work on the Danish translation - and I think a FAQ is warranted (the one in the Transifex site is lacking).
- I found a reviewed translation which is wrong/inconsistent/not as good as mine. What should I do?
- Who reads the “comments” and “issues”? Are they shared among all languages?
- How can I determine the context of the strings to translate?
- One of the English strings needs two different translations depending on context. How do I make this happen?
- The TOS and FAQ’s are already translated, but appear as untranslated on the Transifex site . Why?
- I have tried to change a reviewed translation. Now I keep having “Save all (1)” on my interface, and can’t get rid of it.
- Is there a style manual for my language?
- Is there a way to start a discussion about a translation (or a glossary item) - and get it to the attention of my fellow translators/reviewers?
- Which parts of the TOS and FAQ should not be translated (text between brackets, in parentheses, ##'s etc)?