FAQ, Privacy Policy for non-english Discourse

(Sebastien Miquerolle) #1

Continuing the discussion from How to change FAQ, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service:

As Camille said, for a non-english Discourse, these texts are generated in english. Could we re-generated them after changing the default language ? I translated them in Transifex, but with this bug, the translation is never used.

cc @neil

(Nukeador) #2

Did you find a way?

I found the texts here:

(Erick Guan) #3

This is what you need. Anything except the initial topics Welcome to Discourse! and Admin start guide should have being translated after bootstrap.

(SĂ©bastien Santoro) #4

Translation into French could be tricky. If you’ve a server in France, managed by an entity in France, you aren’t concerned by DCMA or COPPA provisions.

You probably want to comply with privcay regulations and add something like « Conformément à la loi « informatique et libertés » du 6 janvier 1978 modifiée en 2004, vous bénéficiez d’un droit d’accès et de rectification aux informations qui vous concernent, que vous pouvez exercer en vous adressant à [contact, mail ou adresse physique par exemple] ».

If your server is hosted in US, but you’re Belgian or French, to be compliant with EU directive about privacy, you must include a sentence like « Nos serveurs étant hébergés aux États-unis, vos données personnelles peuvent être traitées en-dehors de l’Union Européenne, ce à quoi vous consentez explicitement. ». CNIL also offers a more extensive template for this information transfer.

A task force to write standard terms by country would be more interesting than translate the US text.

(Sam Saffron) #5

All the texts are now translated, but the topics are seeded with English text.

We need a solution here that allows the topics to update IF you switch locale from site settings.

I guess the simplest thing here would be to pop open a window with:

Would you like me to update TOS/Privacy Policy and FAQ to “French”?

When you switch locales in site settings?

@gerhard what are your thought here? It does impact our customers regularly.

(Gerhard Schlager) #7

I’m closing this in favor of How to automatically have FAQ and Categories “About” localized.

Showing a dialog when the default locale is changed is a good idea. Changing the locale in the setup wizard should also update those topics. All we have for now is the rake task mentioned in the other topic.

Of course there’s still the problem that the TOS and Privacy Policy are mere translations of the English documents. The translations haven’t been written by a lawyer and might not be compliant with local laws.

(Gerhard Schlager) #8