Feed polling: How it works?

(Kane York) #21

You may want to make it a scheduled job in Sidekiq, with Discourse’s scheduler. Look in app/jobs/scheduled.

I’m getting a character encoding warning every time the feed poll runs. The process does seem to be working, but should I be concerned?

Job exception: incompatible character encodings: UTF-8 and ASCII-8BIT

The feed is pulling blog posts from a Drupal 7 site.

(Sam Saffron) #23

We have an open PR in this department, we will get to sorting it out.

Importing RSS feed items from specific as topic items
(John Arce) #24

What do I need to input for embed_username_key_from_feed?

(Bill Delaney) #25

I’d like to know what embed username key from feed is for also. And do I need it before embedding will work?

(Kane York) #26

Nope, that’s an optional parameter if you want embedded topics to be attributed to different users (as opposed to everything to one user).

(Robert) #27

Can you give an example? So it would be dc:creator if the RSS feed would container for each post a line <dc:creator>Valve</dc:creator> with Valve a discourse username?

I did not know that feeds can use markdown. I use a jekyll setup and wonder if someone has tried already to pass over markdown to the forum without conversation to html and from html.

It would be dc_creator.

I just discovered this when digging into the PollFeed job. Not sure if this is a common convention to convert colons into underscores in the XML/RSS parsing world.