Five forum digests in one day?

(Barry Parr) #1

My site’s in beta and there has been one post this week.

My site just sent out two digests on Saturday and five on Sunday.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #2

What version of Discourse are you running? This was an issue a few builds ago…

(Barry Parr) #3

I’m on 1.5.0.beta9

received the update email for beta10 on Thursday, but hadn’t installed it yet. I’m doing that now.

(cpradio) #4

Yeah, this was a bug introduced and has since been fixed. Upgrading to latest should solve the problem.

(Tobias Eigen) #5

I just got reports of this as well and was on beta9. Am upgrading now.

Question though: my test user account with access to public categories did not get dupe notifications over the weekend. It was only when a colleague reported it this morning after a few group @ mentions resulted in dupe notifications, I think.

Update: according to my mandrill outbound mail logs, two staff members who really like to get everything in their email (see screenshot of their settings below) have gotten duplicate notifications over the weekend. Everyone else as far as I can tell got only one notification as expected. I’ll keep an eye on it.

(Régis Hanol) #6

Yeah, it happened only when you were using the mailing_list_mode (ie. checked “Send me an email for every new post”) and were watching topics/categories/tags.

(Tobias Eigen) #7

great - thanks for sorting this out. :slight_smile: can you confirm the bug wasn’t also present for people watching tags? We’re going to start using that feature actively in our community.

(Régis Hanol) #8

Keep forgetting about those (not using them that much personally). Updated my post :wink: