[FIXED] Dark theme not picked up for meta.discourse

Switching to dark theme (why isn’t my browser default not picked up?) isn’t applied. There is a message saying to click “Save” to apply changes. Done that, still in the light theme.

What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

I’m not stuck in dark mode after doing some testing. cc @pmusaraj

1 Like

Also not stuck in dark mode. I never see dark mode even after applying the change.

This is a bug, thanks for reporting it. I have posted a fix, but unfortunately I am noticing some unrelated issues deploying meta.

Will let you know when it is deployed, you will need to save your user preferences one more time after the deploy.

4 Likes

This fix is now deployed on meta.

4 Likes

Confirmed. Thanks so much for this super speedy weekend fix.

2 Likes

@pmusaraj can you file a feature request to add support for ‘prefers-color-scheme’ for dark mode / light mode browser preference detection?
In the end following what the user has set as system theme is the best default behaviour to fit into the rest of the user environment.

1 Like

That feature already exists as of the latest release. Check out the details in Discourse 2.6.0.beta2 Release Notes, under Improved Dark Mode support.

3 Likes

But we haven’t enabled it on meta yet, we will do so somewhat soon.

3 Likes

I’m not able to use dark mode on my site even after clicking “Save” again.

Did I miss a step here somewhere?

@Slowhand I’m guessing you are looking to enable automatic dark mode switching on your site, to do that please follow the guide at: Automatic Dark Mode color scheme switching, an important caveat is that your theme might need some adjustments for this to work. If you run into issues or are unsure about the implementation, feel free to message @support.

3 Likes