Flagging actions remove "unlisted" status from topic

(TechnoBear) #1

In an “unlisted” topic:

1. If a post is hidden by flagging and then edited, not only is the post unhidden, but the “unlisted” status is removed from the topic. This occurs even when the edited post was not the first post, and no matter whether the edited post was made by the OP or not.
  2. If a post is flagged, and the flag disagreed with, the “unlisted” status is removed from the topic. It makes no difference whether or not the post was first hidden, nor does the post need to be by the OP.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Are you referring to the first post in the topic? This report is very unclear. Only the first post should affect listed state in some flag conditions.

(TechnoBear) #3

Sorry, I’m not sure what is unclear. As I said:

The same is true in the second instance, where a flag is disagreed with.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

OK thanks for the clarification. I will see if I can repro this on try.

(Kane York) #5

I think that the code does actually do this. Should it?

Actually #2 is certainly a bug.

(cpradio) #6

But even for #1, should it unlist the topic if the hidden post wasn’t the first post? If the hidden post is post #2 or more it shouldn’t affect the whole topic when it gets unhidden.

(Jeff Atwood) #7

Definitely confirmed on try. @zogstrip can you fix? Only the first post hide or unhide should affect the unlisted (used to be “invisible”) topic state.

(Régis Hanol) #8

it’s now fixed :leopard:
https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/a8a0be0b34921c3571b7301ca7d8c7d7c6a520c8

(TechnoBear) #9

Excellent, thank you.

Does that also fix the second scenario, where disagreeing with a flag removed the unlisted status, even where the post had not been hidden?

(Régis Hanol) #10

With that fix, the unlisted status will only be removed when the first post of a topic is unhidden.

So yes, it also fixed that scenario :wink:

(Jeff Atwood) #11