Flags are not being factored into trust level 3

(Adam Capriola) #1

I am not sure this was fixed. I have a user that has been flagged multiple times and remains trust level 3. All four of these flags occurred in the past 6 weeks. I think most if not all of them were for the user being off topic. If the user then edits their post, does the flag not count?

I tried to reply as new topic from here, by the way, to reference the previous discussion, but I’m not sure I did it right:

(Patrick Klug) #2

note that the summary on the screen is (presumably) total flagged posts while the badge requirement only cares about the last 100 days but either way, I think this isn’t working properly yet.

(Jeff Atwood) #3

Were the flags explicitly marked by the moderator as “Agree”? Those “explicitly agreed by a moderator” are the only kind of flags that count here. @neil can check into it if you can confirm that first.

(Adam Capriola) #4

Well, the latest one I personally flagged as a moderator and “took action.” It was an off-topic post which the user then withdrew. The flag was resolved and disagreed with by the “system” user. (Is that right?)

Another one of the user’s posts was flagged by someone else for being off topic (again), and I agreed with it. I guess the user made an edit to their post, and the system again disagreed with the flag as the final result.

In the third instance the user had deleted several of their posts in a topic, was flagged by someone other than me, and I agreed with the flag. Final result:

I don’t see the fourth flag in the records. So, at least one of the flags should be counting here. I guess I was oblivious to how “system” handled the off-topic flags. I don’t understand the workflow there. (User gets flagged for being off-topic, edits post, doesn’t count as a flag anymore?)

(Jeff Atwood) #5

Agreed, @techAPJ can you try to repro this on try.discourse.org later?

(Adam Capriola) #6

Any confirmation whether this was looked into?

(Jeff Atwood) #7

Pretty sure we looked at this and it is working, but @neil will have to confirm.

(Neil Lalonde) #8

We don’t count off-topic flags as a violation of the trust level 3 requirements. Spam and inappropriate flags are what disqualify you for tl3.

I confirmed that when staff agrees with a spam or inappropriate flag, it counts against tl3 requirements.x

(Jeff Atwood) #9