Flatter styling now deployed

(Sam Saffron) #1

I just deployed a round of changes by @awesomerobot that give us a much simplified, flatter, faster css style by default for topic views.

I noticed there are a few little glitches we need to sort out, so we can use this topic to track it. (or for any other general feedback about the new style)

(Sam Saffron) #2

Grey header looks out of place:

(Sam Saffron) #3

Too much margin

(Ben T) #4

It surprised me a little to see things change as I opened a new tab, but overall it’s very cool. Excluding the grey header, there is a big margin where the post stats should appear in threads with one post.

(Sam Saffron) #5

Font is too small, 13px is too hard to read, should be 14px by default.

(Ben T) #6

The topic progress is not fully shifted to the right on the last post. It used to sit next to the final post; I think it’d be better if it always sat in the bottom right.

(Sam Saffron) #7

not sure I fully agree with that

It needs to be bound AND consistent.

(Sam Saffron) #8

Needs more spacing

(Ben T) #9

Well, it moves as you approach the last post. The consistency would be more important than the location. It also gets hidden with the reply window open.

(Sam Saffron) #10

totally for the consistency here, we can’t dock it to a different spot altogether. just on real wide windows we should be bounding the position somehow and respecting our fixed margins.

(Sam Saffron) #11

Quote reply is good in preview, but has a white line in chrome once rendered

(Kris) #12

ah yep, noticing a few things myself! I’ll have a pull request with some updates tonight

(Kris) #13

Chrome on OSX or Windows? Not seeing the same issue on Chrome (Version 30.0.1599.101) in OSX on my end.

Screenshot of your post of your screenshot of your post.

(Sam Saffron) #14

It’s in Windows only, does not happen on my mac, only happens in zoom 100%, not in 90% or 110%

(Ben T) #15

I see it in Linux as well as windows.

Removing the clear: both; seems to fix it.

(Sam Saffron) #16

another:

(Luke S) #17

Just a first impression… Very minimalist!

The topic stats bar (whatever it’s called) kind of disappears into the background:

Might need some stronger styling to differentiate it.

(Kris) #18

Submitted a pull request with fixes.

I think there’s more tweaking to be had, but it’s a good start overall!

(Sam Saffron) #19

Deployed now, thanks heaps.

I think this line is not really needed

If we are going to keep it, it can not be full width.

On wide screens still noticing a jitter when the (18 of 18) widget docks.

Also, wanted to reiterate. I really love this change, browsing topics is significantly less jittery and slow due to the heavy reduction in complex css.

(Jacob) #20

Looks great, are the links in the right gutter supposed to fade away? I liked the increased visibility that they had before the switch.