Floating/Missing post count box

(Dungeon Mistress) #1

First of all, let me apologize if I don’t use the correct terminology, I need some sort of picture with all the parts captioned! :wink:

To be clear, I’m talking about this box that appears when the posting box is open in a thread that shows the number post you’re on & the total number of posts.

Lately, I’m getting either a “floating box”

screenshot

Or, I’m not getting the box at all:

screenshot

I should say that the majority of the time, the box is in the correct spot, but this missing/floating thing is happening more frequently.

Is this some sort of known issue? Or am I the only one?

Happens in both

• Windows10 / Edge
  • Windows10 / Chrome

Thank you for your time.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Possible your site level CSS customizations have affected this? What happens when you revert to the default theme in safe mode?

(Stephen) #3

If the page is wide enough for the right gutter to appear then you won’t see the smaller post progress box, so your second screenshot is working as intended:

There was a change to the top property on #main-outlet which caused the progress bar calculation to be wrong. When this happened with the Graceful theme it required a change switching margin for padding on #main.

(Dungeon Mistress) #4

Not an Admin, only a Moderator, is this something I can do? (definitely NOT computer-savvy.)

I’ve never had the smaller post progress box not appear at all until the last 2-3 weeks, is this something that you’ve changed?

(Stephen) #5

No, this needs to be done by an admin. If you aren’t tech savvy you need someone familiar with CSS to look at it, preferably whoever did the original CSS tweaks!

If the browser window is narrow enough that the right gutter disappears, then the small progress box will be visible. They’re mutually exclusive UI elements because they serve the same purpose, it has always worked that way.

Looking at your site it’s behaving correctly.

(Dungeon Mistress) #6

Thank you all for your responses!

Since I’m the only one who seems to be having this issue, I’m just going to let it go.

I appreciate all of your help.

(Penar Musaraj) #7

Hi @Slowhand, actually you’re experiencing the same issue as Adding header in theme messes up topic progress bar (when docked) – that issue has been fixed and it will be shortly deployed to your site and it should resolve the floating progress bar (post count box) issue.