Footer text in email messages can't be translated

(Marco Jakobs) #1

Hi,

I’m running my installation in German language. So far I have translated all messages which are not already translated system messages to German, but I have an issue with the email notifications sent out to the user.

The links inside the email are still in English Language (“Visit Topic to respond”) and the footer is also in English:

I went through the email templates several times, but I can’t find this template to change. I’d be happy if anyone can point me to the right place :sunglasses:

(Gerhard Schlager) #2

The key of that text is: user_notifications.visit_link_to_respond
That text isn’t translated on Transifex and there was a bug that prevented you from overriding text that isn’t translated yet. So, unless you are using the tests-passed branch of Discourse you’ll have to wait for the next beta version. In the meantime you can head over to Transifex and help us translate Discourse into German. We take all the help we can get. :wink:

(Simon Cossar) #3

I think that text is hard-coded in English in message_builder.rb

(Gerhard Schlager) #4

No, it’s using the translations.

(Marco Jakobs) #5

Hi Gerhard,

I’ll be happy to check the translation service once I’ve the big work on my changeover finished. I love this great product and like to support.

So I’ll wait for the next beta, no problem. Thanks for your reply!

Marco

(Alexandra) #6

What’s the status on this? I am also running Discourse in German and my users find the English message at the bottom of their emails a bit confusing.

PS Being a professional translator from English into Dutch and German I’m happy to help out on Transifex.

(Gerhard Schlager) #7

The German translations exist since Discourse 1.5.1

(Alexandra) #8

Thanks @gerhard! I just checked and I still was on the last beta of the 1.5.0 branch. I now upgraded to Discourse 1.6.0.beta1 and … lo and behold – the translation is there :slight_smile:

Looking at the status of the German translation in Transifex it seems to be fairly complete. Perhaps I should instead help out with the Dutch version (Dutch is my mother tongue). Will have a look.