Full screen on Android/Chrome when typing new topic

(Rob Nicholson) #1

As you can see from the attached screenshot, the Chrome toolbars at the top take up quite a bit of screen real estate. Normally on a web page when you scroll down, this toolbar disappears so it goes full screen. Is there anyway to get Discourse to go full screen to give a bit more real estate so one can see more of what you may be replying to?

(Sam Saffron) #2

Clicking the three lines will hide the toolbar.

Clicking on text area should bring composer to full screen

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #3

Using Add to home screen on latest hide all browser UI and you get full screen to Discourse.

(Rob Nicholson) #4

Sorry, not sure which three lines you mean? The ones that bring up the Discourse menu? If so, that doesn’t get rid of the Chrome toolbar. The above screenshot wasn’t ideal as Discourse does go to a full-screen compose mode when you move the focus into the subject. But on landscape mode on a 7" tablet, there is still very little area for the typing. Can switch around to portrait but I usually have my tablet in a landscape case.

(Gerhard Schlager) #5

@sam It would be great if we could hide the topic title and category while I’m writing the post. I think there’s no need to show them all the time while I’m writing a post on mobile.

(Rob Nicholson) #6

Yes but it’s stuck in portrait mode.