GA - Missing Valid Tracking Code?

Has anyone else experienced this? Here are my settings:

GA is currently receiving traffic:

GA says I’m missing a valid tracking code:

I just added community to GSC to watch what’s being indexed.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

If you view-source:https://community.infusionsoft.com/ you’ll see that it is there

<script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');
  ga('create', 'UA-16462053-12', {"cookieDomain":"community.infusionsoft.com"});
</script>

I got the very same notice in GA dashboard and that’s how I got to this topic (via Google, mind you).

Everything is working fine on Discourse’s end, so it must be a glitch with Google.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

It’s possible we don’t serve the Google analytics tracking code to web crawlers, so it depends how Google is requesting the page to check for its presence.

Curious, @italophile if you have GA search console, do you also show zero results as your index status although Google is obviously indexing content by doing a Google search for site:yourwebsite.com

I agree, this looks like a bug with GA. I wonder if the new GA console fixes this? I read there was a beta in the wild.

No, my site is pretty well indexed and Google Analytics reports the traffic just fine even if it cries for a ‘missing tracking code’.