Gem::LoadError: can't activate public_suffix-2.0.5, already activated public_suffix-3.0.2

Releated to this:

https://meta.discourse.org/t/error-429-too-many-requests/89519/4

I was able to get that error again:

bundler: failed to load command: pry (/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/bin/pry)
Gem::LoadError: can't activate public_suffix-2.0.5, already activated public_suffix-3.0.2
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.4.0/rubygems/specification.rb:2315:in `check_version_conflict'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.4.0/rubygems/specification.rb:1434:in `activate'
  /var/www/discourse/lib/plugin_gem.rb:18:in `load'
  /var/www/discourse/lib/plugin/instance.rb:493:in `gem'
  /var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-sync-to-dropbox/plugin.rb:7:in `activate!'
  /var/www/discourse/lib/plugin/instance.rb:438:in `instance_eval'
  /var/www/discourse/lib/plugin/instance.rb:438:in `activate!'
  /var/www/discourse/lib/discourse.rb:151:in `block in activate_plugins!'
  /var/www/discourse/lib/discourse.rb:148:in `each'
  /var/www/discourse/lib/discourse.rb:148:in `activate_plugins!'
  /var/www/discourse/config/application.rb:218:in `<class:Application>'
  /var/www/discourse/config/application.rb:39:in `<module:Discourse>'
  /var/www/discourse/config/application.rb:38:in `<top (required)>'
  /var/www/discourse/config/environment.rb:2:in `require'
  /var/www/discourse/config/environment.rb:2:in `<top (required)>'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/pry-0.10.4/lib/pry/pry_class.rb:91:in `require'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/pry-0.10.4/lib/pry/pry_class.rb:91:in `block in load_requires'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/pry-0.10.4/lib/pry/pry_class.rb:90:in `each'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/pry-0.10.4/lib/pry/pry_class.rb:90:in `load_requires'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/pry-0.10.4/lib/pry/pry_class.rb:128:in `initial_session_setup'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/pry-0.10.4/lib/pry/cli.rb:206:in `block in <top (required)>'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/pry-0.10.4/lib/pry/cli.rb:83:in `block in parse_options'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/pry-0.10.4/lib/pry/cli.rb:83:in `each'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/pry-0.10.4/lib/pry/cli.rb:83:in `parse_options'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/pry-0.10.4/bin/pry:16:in `<top (required)>'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/bin/pry:23:in `load'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/bin/pry:23:in `<top (required)>'

When I execute ./launcher start app, it sais the app starts but it doesn’t:

The discourse-sync-to-dropbox has broken deps, remove it for now.

@misaka4e21 is working in a fix.

4 Likes

Yeah, I just saw it and I’m rebuilding it :+1:

And what about the discourse-sync-to-googledrive? Is it working?

Please try these forks.

Nevertheless, notice that the discourse-sync-to-googledrive fails to pass unit tests, while it should be used without serious problems.

4 Likes

I’m having the same problem. When the fix is applied to main repository?

do we need to use these forks from now on? or is it going to be merged in another repo?

No, all of these branches (except the dropbox one, maybe) were merged to berlindiamonds ones.

yes. why its not merged yet?

It needs some review…

Should I squash the two commits?