Gem::LoadError: can't activate public_suffix-2.0.5, already activated public_suffix-3.0.2

(Diego Barreiro) #1

Releated to this:

I was able to get that error again:

bundler: failed to load command: pry (/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/bin/pry)
Gem::LoadError: can't activate public_suffix-2.0.5, already activated public_suffix-3.0.2
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.4.0/rubygems/specification.rb:2315:in `check_version_conflict'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.4.0/rubygems/specification.rb:1434:in `activate'
  /var/www/discourse/lib/plugin_gem.rb:18:in `load'
  /var/www/discourse/lib/plugin/instance.rb:493:in `gem'
  /var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-sync-to-dropbox/plugin.rb:7:in `activate!'
  /var/www/discourse/lib/plugin/instance.rb:438:in `instance_eval'
  /var/www/discourse/lib/plugin/instance.rb:438:in `activate!'
  /var/www/discourse/lib/discourse.rb:151:in `block in activate_plugins!'
  /var/www/discourse/lib/discourse.rb:148:in `each'
  /var/www/discourse/lib/discourse.rb:148:in `activate_plugins!'
  /var/www/discourse/config/application.rb:218:in `<class:Application>'
  /var/www/discourse/config/application.rb:39:in `<module:Discourse>'
  /var/www/discourse/config/application.rb:38:in `<top (required)>'
  /var/www/discourse/config/environment.rb:2:in `require'
  /var/www/discourse/config/environment.rb:2:in `<top (required)>'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/pry-0.10.4/lib/pry/pry_class.rb:91:in `require'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/pry-0.10.4/lib/pry/pry_class.rb:91:in `block in load_requires'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/pry-0.10.4/lib/pry/pry_class.rb:90:in `each'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/pry-0.10.4/lib/pry/pry_class.rb:90:in `load_requires'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/pry-0.10.4/lib/pry/pry_class.rb:128:in `initial_session_setup'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/pry-0.10.4/lib/pry/cli.rb:206:in `block in <top (required)>'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/pry-0.10.4/lib/pry/cli.rb:83:in `block in parse_options'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/pry-0.10.4/lib/pry/cli.rb:83:in `each'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/pry-0.10.4/lib/pry/cli.rb:83:in `parse_options'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/pry-0.10.4/bin/pry:16:in `<top (required)>'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/bin/pry:23:in `load'
  /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/bin/pry:23:in `<top (required)>'

When I execute ./launcher start app, it sais the app starts but it doesn’t:

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #2

The discourse-sync-to-dropbox has broken deps, remove it for now.

@misaka4e21 is working in a fix.

(Diego Barreiro) #3

Yeah, I just saw it and I’m rebuilding it :+1:

(Diego Barreiro) #4

And what about the discourse-sync-to-googledrive? Is it working?

(Yihan "Misaka 0x4e21" X.) #5

Please try these forks.

Nevertheless, notice that the discourse-sync-to-googledrive fails to pass unit tests, while it should be used without serious problems.

Synchronizer-base for any backup provider
(pari) #6

I’m having the same problem. When the fix is applied to main repository?