Get it to consume less resouces

(warokada) #1

I expect to have very few visitors at my forum in the beginning. How can I setup discourse so that it take fewer resources? Are there tutorials or is there something like that in the documentation? I haven’t found anything.

(Vinoth Kannan) #2

You can check minimum hardware requirements here. Is there anything else you are looking to minimize?

(warokada) #3

Is there anything else you are looking to minimize?

The resource consumption. By setting it up and adjusting in a certain way.

(Eli the Bearded) #4

During the standard 30 minute install, the discourse-setup script probes the system hardware to make big system / small system adjustments already. You can read that script to see what is going on, and perhaps adjust it.

For example, you could edit the check_disk_and_memory() function to lie about available RAM, and get a configuration for a smaller system. That said, I don’t think it is wise to do so unless you absolutely cannot get a minimum supported hardware system from your provider.

(Robby O'Connor) #5

That could go sideways so fast. Just get a box with the minimum requirements. It should be sufficient to run. I’d recommend running discourse on its own server – the docker install is the recommended way to do things and I believe the only supported way.