Globally pinned subscribe button

(Tor) #1

Trying to add the mailchimp embed html code in a post so i can make it visible. But it does not show. How can i do this correctly?

<!-- Begin MailChimp Signup Form -->
<link href="//cdn-images.mailchimp.com/embedcode/slim-081711.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<style type="text/css">
	#mc_embed_signup{background:#fff; clear:left; font:14px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;  width:500px;}
	/* Add your own MailChimp form style overrides in your site stylesheet or in this style block.
	   We recommend moving this block and the preceding CSS link to the HEAD of your HTML file. */
</style>
<div id="mc_embed_signup">
<form action="//kunstveggen.us6.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=e134cba8ad&amp;id=ac457469e1" method="post" id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" target="_blank" novalidate>
    <div id="mc_embed_signup_scroll">
	<label for="mce-EMAIL">Subscribe to our mailing list</label>
	<input type="email" value="" name="EMAIL" class="email" id="mce-EMAIL" placeholder="email address" required>
    <!-- real people should not fill this in and expect good things - do not remove this or risk form bot signups-->
    <div style="position: absolute; left: -5000px;" aria-hidden="true"><input type="text" name="b_e134cba8ad_ac457469e1" tabindex="-1" value=""></div>
    <div class="clear"><input type="submit" value="Subscribe" name="subscribe" id="mc-embedded-subscribe" class="button"></div>
    </div>
</form>
</div>

<!--End mc_embed_signup-->

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Do you mean in Admin, Customize, HTML?

(Tor) #3

Just want to add a subscribe to email list in the forum. Think the best place to have it is a globaly pinned topic so the people who has signed up can click it away and dont need to see it again

(Tor) #4

And mailchimp has this embedded form code i was hoping i could use. but it does not show.

(Tor) #5

Is html disabled since the code is not working ?

(Tor) #6

Does anybody know how to add a subscribe email list button to discource forum so they dont need to see it it they dont want to see it again?

(Travis) #7

The best place would be for the user to be able to opt in during sign up. :wink:

Good idea, but users fields don’t show links.
How do you add that?

(Tobias Eigen) #9

You’d add a custom field to show at sign up, then update mailchimp yourself manually or via sync from time to time.

(Travis) #10

Automatic MailChimp sync with an opt-in checkbox on sign up would make a great plugin.